Spinning 4 Fitness

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Saturday, 11 pm

It is now very late and I had a long day. We went to the Los Angeles Health Expo in the downtown Convention Center. We walked around all day and I almost justified that as enough of a workout and considered skipping tonight. However, I took a day off yesterday so I knew I had to get home and spin. After mulling around my place for a bit, I did manage to get a good workout. I spent some time taking care of some business after my workout, which is why I'm now posting at a little after 1 am.

Anyway, here's what I did tonight:
44 mins.
141 avg HR
207 max HR - this was from my sprint at 43:30 into my workout
506 calories spent.

I was surprised by my 207 max heart rate reading. My fitness test stated that I only had a 185 max, so I was not expecting anything past 190. Also, I tried to stay at Zone 2, which is 75% of my max heart rate and only an average 139 HR. I kept looking at my heart rate monitor and had to keep slowing down and dropping the resistance on my spinning bike. I felt like I could have kept on going so I like this new workout. Varying the time spent in the different training zones is more productive than just going all out each time I jump on the bike, so I'm going to fight the urge to go harder each workout. I'll post the different training zones later along with some suggested workouts.

I learned at the Health Expo that my blood pressure is 122/74, which is very healthy. I know I'm a big guy, but I do carry some muscle around and I know my spinning is doing my heart and lungs some good. I'm excited by the prospects and motivated to keep going. So a good week; 3 workouts it 4 days after recovering from being sick. I feel great so I'm looking forward to having a good workout tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home