Spinning 4 Fitness

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Thursday, 10 pm

Had another good workout today. I was very conscious of my calf because it was a bit sore from my cramp yesterday. I began with a very light warm-up and gradually increased the tension and RPMs (revolutions per minute).

My legs felt good, even though I could feel my calf the whole time. I made it a point to hydrate well. I drank plenty of water at work and some Gatorade at home before and during my workout. I purposely kept my cadence high and the tension low, although I still got a good high average heart rate in.

Here are tonight's stats:
31 mins.
152 avg HR
172 max HR
407 calories lost.

As you can see by the calories burnt and my average HR, I didn't push it as much as I did yesterday. I stood several times but I did not do any sprints. I decided to stop after just 31 minutes because I began to feel my calf just a bit more than usual on every upstroke with my right leg. I gradually eased the tension and lowered my cadence and then did some light stretching.

I think I'll be good and ready for another hard workout tomorrow. I need to start incorporating zones into my workout but I'll hold out on that until next week.

I'm telling you, that cramp hurt! I do not want that happening again because my calf was sore all day. However, active recovery is better than no activity because a light spin gets the blood flowing, warms up the muscles, and provides a little stretching. I started my workout late but I'm glad I felt good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home